Income

Income

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Quote Blog

"When the saw Jem and me with Calpurnia, the men stepped back and took off their hats; the women crossed their arms at their waists, weekday gestures of respectful attention. They parted and made a pathway to the church door for us. Calpurnia walked between Jem and me, responding to the greetings of her brightly clad neighbors."

This quote is telling you how of Sunday Jem, Cal., Scout were going to Cal's church. Nothing is wrong going to church. Well maybe (just saying) that both Jem and Scout are going to an colored church, I don't know. Everything went okay having to experience another person's ways of church is all right to do. I mean what could be better to have that one person not taking it too far and making a fuss? Because then everyone would be better off just not saying anything negative or just anything, than just saying "Hello."
 This quote is related to my life by I guess many ways or not, I don't know. One that pops out is having when I went to my family's house in El Salvador and they all welcomed us and they take like part of me as someone else and the same. I felt so different but I then again I am the same, wired right I mean you know it but you don't feel it. Sometimes when I come to my aunt's house with basically all my family, I feel left out and so I don't talk a lot really to none of them but the children's with my sister.

"Cal, I asked, "why do you talk n-talk to the-to your folks when you know it's not right?"

This one is when they were done with church and so Scout had ask a question about why she was talking like that since Cal. knows how to talk better than that. Well she is more educational than the others it would seem in that time period they are in. This quote relates to me by having a change of voice to be funny to my friends and weird out people sometimes. Also accents, ever have them well I have and I don't know why but it happens.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia, I enjoyed reading this blog and thought you chose a very interesting topic. I agree with what you said about the church and how you related it to events in your own life. Overall this was a really good post

    ReplyDelete